1. For purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” means any data or information that is proprietary to the Disclosing Party (You) and not generally known to the public, whether in tangible or intangible form, whenever and however disclosed, including, but not limited to:
(i) any marketing strategies, plans, financial information, or projections, operations, sales estimates, business plans and performance results relating to the past, present or future business activities of such party, its affiliates, subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
(ii) plans for products or services, and customer or supplier lists;
(iii) any scientific or technical information, invention, design, process, procedure, formula, improvement, technology or method;
(iv) any concepts, reports, data, know-how, works-in-progress, designs, development tools, specifications, computer software, source code, object code, flow charts, databases, inventions, information and trade secrets; and
(v) any other information that should reasonably be recognized as confidential information of the Disclosing Party.
2. Seed Investments agrees;
(i) not to disclose any Confidential Information to any third party,
(ii) to keep the Company’s (Your) Confidential Information confidential and take all the reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality of such Confidential Information, and
(iii) not to use any Confidential Information for any purpose whatsoever except to advance the legitimate business interests of the Company
3. All right, title, and interest in and to the Confidential Information shall remain with Company (You) or its licensors. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to grant any rights to Recipient under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secrets of Company.
4. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by a duly authorized representative of the respective Parties. This Agreement shall control in the event of a conflict with any other agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. The failure of either party to enforce its rights under this Agreement at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of such rights.
5. This Agreement shall remain in effect for a two-year term (subject to a one year extension if the parties are still discussing and considering the Transaction at the end of the second year). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties’ duty to hold in confidence Confidential Information that was disclosed during term shall remain in effect indefinitely.
6. The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with Islamic Law and UK law.